I used to be a fish bum. It’s been a long, cold winter. I’ve been thinking a lot about fishing lately, where to go in upstate NY, where to put the new kayak in for ponds, how I’m going to fair on the Au Sable, or will I look like a fool. Either way, the fishing is coming soon and I’m excited. I used to be a fish bum, and fish every weekend because of local, less responsibility, etc. It was a glimpse in the crystal ball for when I’m retired. I wouldn’t change what I have right now. It just makes me appreciate it more when I can fish. I dream of teaching my daughter how to fish. I just found a stocked stream 10 minutes from the house we are about to move into. I dream of spring vacations in the Adirondacks, bouncing around streams and ponds for brookies. Spring is coming (despite what the other side of the window says), and I’m excited to start again. I used to be a fish bum.
March 2, 2014
I used to be a fish bum
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 at 7:18 pm and tagged with adirondack brook trout, adirondacks, brook trout, brookies, fish bum and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “I used to be a fish bum”
Outdoor Blogger Network
- @Espngreeny thank you!!! Let the kid play! UNC has fake classes but god forbid a kid goes to class. Idiotic @NCAA 2 weeks ago
- Another year, another banana. Happy Halloween y'all! @ Saratoga, New York instagram.com/p/Ba7lsOvALeS/ 2 weeks ago
- Last stop always when I'm back in NC bojangles1977 #cajunfilletbiscuit @ Charlotte Douglas… instagram.com/p/Ba2ckwOAian/ 2 weeks ago
- @NC_GRIZ Damn!! I will next time. I needed a brook for the slam 2 weeks ago
- @NC_GRIZ We're done today after the monsoon! 2 weeks ago
- When all your gear is soaked it's time for beers instagram.com/p/Baz4MhogbGB/ 2 weeks ago
- Super rainy day but we managed to catch some fish in #gsmnp instagram.com/p/BazqV0NA5OC/ 2 weeks ago