I used to be a fish bum. It’s been a long, cold winter. I’ve been thinking a lot about fishing lately, where to go in upstate NY, where to put the new kayak in for ponds, how I’m going to fair on the Au Sable, or will I look like a fool. Either way, the fishing is coming soon and I’m excited. I used to be a fish bum, and fish every weekend because of local, less responsibility, etc. It was a glimpse in the crystal ball for when I’m retired. I wouldn’t change what I have right now. It just makes me appreciate it more when I can fish. I dream of teaching my daughter how to fish. I just found a stocked stream 10 minutes from the house we are about to move into. I dream of spring vacations in the Adirondacks, bouncing around streams and ponds for brookies. Spring is coming (despite what the other side of the window says), and I’m excited to start again. I used to be a fish bum.
March 2, 2014
I used to be a fish bum
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 at 7:18 pm and tagged with adirondack brook trout, adirondacks, brook trout, brookies, fish bum and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “I used to be a fish bum”
Outdoor Blogger Network
- Nice day on the W Branch Ausable in NY. Pretty browns! Pics later #pureADK #i💜ny http://t.co/h7RHLFtjmd 2 years ago
- One more from today on W Branch Ausable #PureADK #flyfishing http://t.co/ed1462SKKv 2 years ago
- Caught some nice browns like this one today on W Branch Ausable in NY. Good Sept so far #pureADK http://t.co/OD7C9ydGLV 2 years ago
- Nice day on the W Branch Ausable in NY. Pretty browns! Pics later #pureADK #i💜ny http://t.co/iqrSF3OYXk 2 years ago
- My first bass in the Adirondacks. Lots of fun. #pureADK http://t.co/N84UHQ41y7 2 years ago
- Fun paddling the yak in a secluded pond. Lots of crappie and bass! #pureADK http://t.co/QYwHrQ5SE7 2 years ago
- Caught a bunch of these guys last weekend paddling a local pond. still fun #pureADK http://t.co/82H8IZsI2r 2 years ago