I used to be a fish bum. It’s been a long, cold winter. I’ve been thinking a lot about fishing lately, where to go in upstate NY, where to put the new kayak in for ponds, how I’m going to fair on the Au Sable, or will I look like a fool. Either way, the fishing is coming soon and I’m excited. I used to be a fish bum, and fish every weekend because of local, less responsibility, etc. It was a glimpse in the crystal ball for when I’m retired. I wouldn’t change what I have right now. It just makes me appreciate it more when I can fish. I dream of teaching my daughter how to fish. I just found a stocked stream 10 minutes from the house we are about to move into. I dream of spring vacations in the Adirondacks, bouncing around streams and ponds for brookies. Spring is coming (despite what the other side of the window says), and I’m excited to start again. I used to be a fish bum.
March 2, 2014
I used to be a fish bum
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 at 7:18 pm and tagged with adirondack brook trout, adirondacks, brook trout, brookies, fish bum and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “I used to be a fish bum”
Outdoor Blogger Network
- Some of the biggest brook trout I’ve ever… instagram.com/p/BkBy2KYnPry/… 1 month ago
- Had a pond all to myself Monday. Nice and peaceful instagram.com/p/BjaqPaWHK51/… 1 month ago
- U gotta practice instagram.com/p/BjQiiy3nIAT/… 1 month ago
- Nice day fishing in the rain. Caught the slam in… instagram.com/p/BjA2yNanaFW/… 1 month ago
- Nice night for a fire @ Saratoga, New York instagram.com/p/Bh2aPL4HFSs/ 2 months ago
- Rigging up my grandfather’s Hardy fly reel. Cleaned up and new line to salmon fish instagram.com/p/BhxntgfnQ3P/ 2 months ago
- My little helper with the reel grease putting all the reels together! #flyfishing @Hardy_Fishing #atlanticsalmon https://t.co/v7dm0wG5MB 4 months ago